Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bicycle....Bicycle...Bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!

I had so much fun making this card. The sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge Blog #60. I made the wheels by cutting them out using a file found on the Craft Edge-Sure Cuts A Lot forum and my cricut. I took two wheel frames and glue them together using a piece of 3M mounting foam. I then glue the rims together using crystal effects. I then outlined the rims with black liquid appliqué, let it dry then used my heat gun to pop it up to look like wheel tires. I used my Smooch Illuminate top coat to make the wheel spokes look shiny! I used long brads to attach them to the card, You can actually move the wheels! I love action on my cards! I used a PTI impressions plate to emboss the top and bottom pieces of cardstock. I added some ribbon and a bicycle charm. Such a fun card!
Due internet integrity...ie...anything that I post and then link to, I won't delete. So I reposted this post with the picture of the card after I fixed the ribbon. I am sure most of you are not bothered by the wrinkled ribbon, but I was. You can see the updated card here.



Supplies Used:
Stamps:
Penny Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Bashful Blue, Copic Markers
Cardstock: White Base-American Crafts, SU Real Red, SU Bashful Blue, SU Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Accessories: Ribbon-Ribbon Retreat, Charm-Beads and charms online store, Rectangle Nestabilies, SU Oval Punches, SU Designers Label Punch, Black liquid Applique, Tim Holtz long brads, Pearlized Smooch, 3M foam Tape.

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments.
Heidi

11 Comments:

Simple and Sweet said...

How creative you are! I love what you did with the circles and that image is just as cute as can be! What a darling card! Thanks for joining us this week!
Erika - SSW

mulberry station said...

Heidi, talk about ohhhing and awwing over your darling creative card! This is just tooo cute! I love the wheel circles...and absolutely cute, cute image..and that little bike charm. Wow!!! nice to have you join us!
Nancy SSW

Kathie said...

Hi Heidi, YOU ROCK!!! CONGRATULATIONS on such a wonderful card it looks AMAZING!!! I love it, love it, love it. The work that you have put into those tyres they look fantastic! I'm so glad you enjoyed making this card that's what it's all about. I love the colours, the image and that lovely bike charm. You should be very proud of the job you have made of this card and I can't wait to see what you are going to make next week. Thanks so much for joining us this week and I'll see you next week.
Hugs
Kathie - SSW

Genevieve said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing!!! The wheels are fantastic, everything about your card had me drooling over my keyboard lol. Thanks for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genebieve

Melissa Craig said...

What a CREATIVE card! Oh my word, this is absolutely wonderful. I love the hedgies and this one is no exception. Great job!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSW.

Jeannie said...

Wow, wow and more wow! Of course I'm loving all of the wheels....wheee!!! The charm is just the perfect addition!

Thanks so much for joining us this week Heidi at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

EEK! This is so cute! The wheels are perfect and that charm just works so well with everything!! Love it!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

JR Creations said...

Oh wow! What a fantastic idea! Great card! Stunning! Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jenny T.

Linda Anderson said...

Alright, now this card is out of this world amazing!!!!! Soooooo creative!! Thanks for joining us at SSW!!

Linda

Kathie said...

Hi Heidi, """CONGRATULATIONS"""@*!!! On your win you so deserve too as your card is Brilliant, Awesome. What I love about SSW is everyone comments on your cards. I've entered into Challenges and they can have up to 300 plus entries and you don't even get one comment. I've also entered into a Challenge where there has only been 40 entries and still no comments. Then they have the top 5 cards how can they have the top 5 when they haven't even looked at your card??? What I also like about SSW is the winning card isn't picked at Random like most challenges. Arlana chooses whom she thinks deserves it and has done a great job. We just need to get more people playing along with our challenges as we have some amazing sponsors. Take care have a great weekend and can't wait to see what you're going to do with this weeks sketch.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Genevieve said...

Congrats Heidi! Your card is beautiful, well deserved :)

Genevieve.

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!