Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Challenge Blog-Magical Mondays!

There is a great new challenge blog called Magical Mondays. It runs every fortnight (that is two weeks to American English speaking folks). The challenge blog is aimed at showing cards and projects that carry a magical image, ie Fairies, Angels, Mermaids, Pixies, Dragons, etc. I love dragons so I’ll be participating in this challenge a lot! The first challenge is Glitter. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday #113 and the photo inspiration from Crazy 4 Challenges #47 to come up with this cute birthday card



The image is Birthday Wishes by High Hope Stamps. I used paper from the Little Yellow Bicycle Boardwalk line. I cut the flames out using a flame font I found on dafont.com on my cricut with my sure cuts a lot 2 software. I have tons of glitter in my stash, but I really dread using it due to the mess. One of these days I will get over my fear, just like I will one day get over my fear of sharks swimming in my pool at night. My explanation that a great white can swim through the pipes from the San Francisco Bay and through the house plumbing is VERY reasonable! Yes, I have a glitter cloth that magically picks up glitter and yes, I have all the tools to keep it from spreading everywhere, but I prefer to use a cleaner method. Time to break out my hardly ever used Crystal Stickles! I added crystal stickles to the birthday cake, the dragon’s flames and cut out flames. Speaking of supplies I hardly ever use, one day I will take pictures of all my nicely labeled boxes of supplies and show you my collection.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Birthday Wishes by High Hopes, PTI Sentiment Just the Ticket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Tangerine Tango, Ballet Blue, Copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Ballet Blue, Tangerine Tango, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle Boardwalk
Accessories: Happy Birthday Cuttlebug Folder,PTI Ticket Die, Rectangle Nestabilities, Grey Organza Ribbon from $1 bins at Target, Doodlebug Grey Glitter Brads, Crystal Stickles, Bow Easy
Thanks for visiting, I love reading your comments!

Heidi

5 Comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

What a really cute dragon. I love the colours chosen and wow love the fire too. Great work with the 3d effect too.

Thanks for joining in with us in our first Magical Monday Challenge.

Jayne xx

Unknown said...

OMG Heidi, this is awesome!!!! Love love love all that glitter... fantastic card xx

Melanie said...

Oh how awesome, great card and super cute image. Thank you for sharing this new challenge blog.

Pop's Cards said...

This is stunning what a gorgeous image and coloured to perfection, love all the details, thanks for joining us with challenge one at Magical Monday big hugs love Pops x x x

Annie said...

what a fabulous dragon and I love the sparkle! thanks for joining in with our first Magical Monday challenge and I hope we will see you again.
hugs, annie x

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!