Monday, August 2, 2010

Bicycle....Bicycle...Bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike! Take 2

I fixed the ribbon on the card, and I am reposting for posterity!

I had so much fun making this card. The sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge Blog #60. I made the wheels by cutting them out using a file found on the Craft Edge-Sure Cuts A Lot forum and my cricut. I took two wheel frames and glue them together using a piece of 3M mounting foam. I then glue the rims together using crystal effects. I then outlined the rims with black liquid appliqué, let it dry then used my heat gun to pop it up to look like wheel tires. I used my Smooch Illuminate top coat to make the wheel spokes look shiny! I used long brads to attach them to the card, You can actually move the wheels! I love action on my cards! I used a PTI impressions plate to emboss the top and bottom pieces of cardstock. I added some ribbon and a bicycle charm. Such a fun card!



Supplies Used:
Stamps:
Penny Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Bashful Blue, Copic Markers
Cardstock: White Base-American Crafts, SU Real Red, SU Bashful Blue, SU Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Accessories: Ribbon-Ribbon Retreat, Charm-Beads and charms online store, Rectangle Nestabilies, SU Oval Punches, SU Designers Label Punch, Black liquid Applique, Tim Holtz long brads, Pearlized Smooch, 3M foam Tape.

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments.
Heidi

2 Comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

This is way too clever! Three cheers for you!!!! I just love how you made those wheels...don't you just love it when your ideas pan out like you imagined! I love everything about your card! I am a perfectionist like you....the wrinkle would bother me too.....But it does look much better!That little charm is so perfect and you added a great sentiment for you card! Way to go!

Melanie said...

Oh so super cute!!! You have me wanting to try charms, they are precious!!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!