Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Grilling Time!

I have been slowly making a recipe stand for my kitchen. So far I have a divider for Salad, Thanksgiving, Christmas Recipes. My latest one is for summer grilling recipes! Critter Sketch Challenge # 29 is to make a boy/man card or scrapbook page and to use some sort of glitter. In a caveman grunts, man, meat, fire.... glitter. For the glitter, I added diamond stickles to the flowers and chef apron, gloves and hat.

This week  at Stamp and Create the spotlight is shining on Dustin Pike High Hope Stamps. I used the Flame Broilin' BBQ chef, perfect for my BBQ Recipes divider. I wanted the page to look like a back garden grilling scene. I personally love the picket fence with the roses. I cut out  the picket fence using my cricut and sponged it with walnut stain and weathered wood Tim Holtz distress inks. I added some deep red and green small prima roses so they look like they are intertwined with the fence. It fits in so well with the the Stamp and Create August challenge of  flowers!



Supplies Used:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Wild Wasabi, Walnut Stain and Weathered Wood Tim Holtz Distress inks Copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Wild Wasabi, Gina K Pure Luxury Vanilla
Accessories: Cricut Create, Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software, MFT Grass and cloud dies , Prima Mini Roses green and deep redDiamond and Black Diamond stickles, 3M mounting foam, Scor tape adhesive.

Thanks for visiting, I love reading your comments
Heidi

6 Comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, wonderful dimension, great coloring. The glitter looks wonderful here.

Basement Stamper said...

This is a great scene for BBQ'ing. Love your use of the background paper, the flowers are gorgeous and that image is too funny.

Améliane said...

Très mignonne !
J'adore le décor !

Lacey Stephens said...

Hehe!! This really makes me smile! I love it! Your scene is just so creative and perfect for all of these challenge!! Big hugs!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Moira said...

Holy hannah... this is amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, Heidi, this is fantastic! I love the idea. I might actually use my recipes if they were organized with dividers like this. Now I've got another project to add to my list.

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!