Monday, March 8, 2010

Dragon Go Round

Happy Tuesday friends.

Today's card is another first for me, a shaped card. Flower blossom more specifically. It's a birthday card that I am going to send to Lacey's 100 birthday cards for someone who is turning 100 card drive. The image is Dustin Pike's cute Dragon Go Round. I coloured him with prisma colour pencils and gamsol. I used spica glitter pens to add some "star dust" The picture doesn't show the sparkly effect. I added some stars around the sentiment to add some real stars for this week's High Hopes challenge. I cut the blossom shaped using my cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software. The green circle behind the image has been paper pierced. The base of the card and a few accents on the card are Green for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge 102 Lucky Green. Finally for the Critter Sketch Challenge, I know the image doesn't contain a flower, but the card itself is a flower. The image has been coloured yellow, blue, and green for the colours. The Basic Grey paper I used is a great combination of mostly blue with a few specs of yellow from the Lime Rickey line. I stamped the Paper Trey Inc. birthday wishes sentiment on the yellow paper in the Lime Rickey 6x6 paper pack. I added some blue ribbon that ties the two sides of the Cards/flowers together.

List of Challenges:
1. High Hopes Challenge #66 Seeing Stars
2. Get Sketchy Challenge #28: - Make a Shaped card, the bonus challenge is spring themed.
3. Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 102 Lucky Green
4. Critter Sketch Challenge: Inspiration Challenge #4. Use a card that has an image of a flower in it. And use the colours yellow,: blue, and green.


Supplies Used

Stamps: High Hopes Dragon Go Round, Paper Trey Inc. Mixed Messages

Card Stock: Bazzil

Ink: Staz On Jet Black

DSP: Basic Grey Lime Rickey

Accessories: Prisma Coloured Pencils, gamsol, Spica glitter pens. Stampin' Up Punches: 3 flower, mini star, Large Star. Cricut, Sure Cuts A Lot Software. Ribbon: Stampin Up Bashful Blue satin.

Thanks for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment

Thanks Heidi

9 Comments:

Laurel said...

Cute, cute, cute! thanks for playing at GS.

6 wacky women said...

Awesome card, Heidi
Fabulous colouring, love your design. Thanks for joining us for the High Hopes Challenge.

Karen x

Angelwood said...

Aww.. This image just makes me smile! Gorgeous card - love it! Thanks for playing with us at Critter Sketch Challenges! hugs, Angela

April said...

that is soooooo cute...I love that image and the card is great! Thanks for joining the critters this week.

Melanie said...

So super, super cute!!! I adore Dustin's images. Have you ever played along in his chalenges? Check out my sidebar on my personal blog for the link.
Thank you for playing with us at the Critter challenge blog. The color combo looks great!!

Moira said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute!

Thanks for joining us at Critter Challenge Blog.

Please come back on Monday to play again!

Julie said...

soooo cute! Thanks for playing along in the Critter challenge this week.

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Love the flower shape! Thanks for playing the High Hopes Challenge!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Love your shaped card Heidi and your colouring is fabulous, Hugs, Nikki x

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!