Thursday, March 4, 2010

3 Challenges in one card

I am getting into the groove of doing weekly challenges. At first I thought I was going to create a separate card for each challenge, but as I started listing all of the challenges in a little notebook, they started to merge!

My favourite store, Stamp and Create was having a sale on Kraftin' Kimmie stamps. I had been stalking some of the stamps and staying away from adding them to my shopping cart because they were of people. I am/was nervous about colouring human beings. That was until I stumbled across Lavinia. A cute lady with gears. Being an engineer, I have to create with her! Knowing that I had Tim Holtz's Big Shot Gadget Gears Sizzix Die on pre-order, my creative imagination went wild. So into the shopping cart she went, along with this pretty lady, Gevevieve. She became the focal point for the card, combine three challenges and the result became one beautiful creation!

I also started using all of the Tim Holtz goodies I had been purchasing but keeping wrapped up because of big words like distress and applicator tools that looked too time consuming to use. I got Tim's new book, A Compendium of Curiosities , and it shows how to use all of his fun inks, powders, applicators. That applicator tool (Keep in mind that welding torches and power tools are my friends) that seemed too hard to use...has now been reduced to the simplicity of a pencil. The sentiment part of the card was all produced with Tim Holtz supplies. I am looking forward to getting really creative with his stuff.

This is my first time in participating in all three of these challenges; Kraftin' Kimmie - Buttons and Bows, Get Sketchy Challenge # 27, and Copic Creations - A wee bit o'Green. I coloured Genevieve's Dress with various Green Copic Markers along with some browns and greys, added some buttons, a modified bow, a Tim Holtz sentiment that inspired dreaming of great achievement all placed to fit the Get Sketchy design!

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave a comment!

Heidi



Kraftin Kimmie - Challenge # 19 - Buttons and Bows
Get Sketchy - Challenge # 27
Copic Creations - Challenge #23 - A wee bit o'Green

Stamps: Kraftin Kimme, Tim Holtz
Paper: SU Handsome Hunter, Old Olive, Gina K Pure Luxury Vanilla, 7 Gypsies Avignon: Diagram
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Black SU Craft, Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Crushed olive, Forrest Moss, Antique Linen, Copic Markers
Accessories: Tim Holtz Distress EP Black Soot, Tim Holtz Applicator with foam, Craft Sheet, SU Old Olive Ribbon, Linen Thread, Buttons: Denami Design Boutique Buttons Expresso

4 Comments:

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...I absolutely love this...GREAT sentiment!!

Dora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dora said...

I love the image you used, great take on the sketch!

Phebe Meeder said...

can i ask if the sentiment is also kk---gorgeous card by the way

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!