Wednesday, May 5, 2010

High Hopes- Flag of your Home Country

Disclaimers, mainly to placate my brother's sarcastic comments, even though I know he doesnt visit my blog. But I felt I should add them who would agree with his annoying opinions :-) "YES I KNOW THAT PIECE IS CROOKED, THERE IS NO REASON TO POINT IT OUT, THAT IS NOT CAT HAIR STUCK ON MY CARD, THAT IS A FUR COVERED EMBELLISHMENT...."You get the idea.

* I know this is not the Union Jack. I did use similar shapes and colours that one would find on a Union Jack. Therefore, this is an artistic representation of the flag.

* I coloured my dragon yellow because I wanted contrasting/complimentary colours on my image to the paper colours.

* Roses, usually white or red are sometime used in insignia for various English sport teams, clubs, groups. I thought roses would make a nice embellishment on my card. In addition to the red roses, I added yellow to match the dragon.

This week's High Hope Challenge is to create a card or paper project using colour inspiration from my Home Country Flag. As you can hopefully guess, my home country flag is the Union Jack. I am 100% British, except for my accent. I'm a mutt when it comes to my accent. Part English, Californian, Maryland, New York, Virginia, North Carolina. I have lived a lot of places. But I digress. Here is my home country flag inspired creation. I wanted a more rustic look to the card so I misted all of the cardstock and paper with water, crumpled them up, flattened them, then dryed them with my heat gun.

Also before I get to the card and the supplies, for those of you who love High Hope Stamps, Check out a REALLY cute card I made last week for the Friday Sketcher challenge here.



Supplies Used:
Stamps: High Hopes Sir Dustin
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Paper: SU Real Red Designer Series Paper
Accessories: White Ribbon-Target, SU Red Ribbon, Cuttlebug Victoria embossing folder, The art of Life mini roses



Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment.
Heidi

1 Comment:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the Union Jack and what great images they work brilliantly with the flag.
luv
Debby

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!