Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friday Sketchers

I am so excited about my card for this week's Friday Sketchers card. I coloured this High Hopes Roasting Marshmallows image a while ago. I was finally able to finish it when I got my Copics Airbrushing System. I finished the image by airbrushing the sky with W8.

This is the sketch from Friday Sketchers Blog.



After brainstorming this sketch for a while, the light bulbs went off. I took the Cute campfire image, cut it out with one of my nestabilities and paired it with some paper from the Bo Bunny Roughin It Line. I then went hunting for some roasting marshmallow sticks out in my back garden. I found some small old twigs from our Camphor Tree. Not exactly great for roasting marshmallows, but perfect for my card.




I tied the pieces to wood together with some SU linen thread. I attached them to the card by piercing some holes and sewing it to the card with the linen thread. I punched some brown circles to represent chocolate the added some white circles for marshmallows. Then, to make my white circles look like REAL marshmallows, I added white liquid applique and then heat set it.



Stamps: High Hopes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Green, Yoyo Yellow
Paper: Bo Bunny
Accessories: Twigs from my garden! Nestabilities, Twine Ribbon, White Liquid Applique, Linen Thread.

Thanks for visiting!
Heidi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!