Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad-several weeks early! I really love having cards finished WAYYYYYYY ahead of schedule. And, I really love this card. I love snorkeling. It is so peaceful swimming with tons of sea creatures in their home. High Hopes has a whole bunch stamps to satisy my love of snorkeling. Last time we were in Hawaii, my dad learned how to scuba dive, so I got Diver Dan from High Hopes specifically for making cards for my dad. To make Diver Dan, Diver Harry, I should have given him a bald head and short hair on the sides LOL!




The sketch is from the Sketch Saturday Blog #103. The challenge for the Cute Card Thursday #112 is to make a card for someone special, and my dad is special! Lastly, Crazy 4 Challenges #37 blog wants us to use a pocket in/on our creations. My dad says he doesnt want anything for his birthday, so instead I am going to take him to Mama's Fish House for dinner next time we are on Maui. I made a simple pocket inside the card to put a home made gift certificate. Here is a picture of the last time we went to Mama's Fish House!





To make the card, I first stamped Diver Dan, then created a mask of him, and then stamped the sea floor. I then created a mask of the background, then stamped Edgar Eel and Simon the sea turtle. I coloured the entire image with my copics and then cut it out. The base of the card is Stampin Up Bermuda Bay, topped with Riding Hood Red. The paper is Seaside Retreat from Webster Pages. I used a piece that has a sunked ship, fish, sea horse, coral and shells. I then topped it with a smaller piece that includes a map with a legend that has sand dollar, fish, octopus and compass images. I added ribbon, also from Webster Pages. The buttons are from Basic Grey stitched on with Stampin Up Linen Thread. I really wanted to see all the detail in the paper, so the I made the last piece for the sketch using clear cardstock. I lightly sponged it with Teal and Ultramarine Staz-on Ink. Finally, I added the High Hopes Sentiment and then used 3M mounting foam to attach the image to the card.





I sure hope he likes it!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: High Hopes Sea Floor Background, Edgar Eel, Simon the Sea Turtle, Diver Dan, Dive Right In sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics Markers, Staz-On Teal & Ultramarine
Cardstock: Stampin Up Bermuda Bay, Riding Hood Red, Gina K Pure Luxury White, Clear Card Stock-Flourishes
Paper: Webster Pages
Accessories: Ribbon-Webster Pages, Basic Grey Buttons, SU Linen Thread

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments.

Heidi

2 Comments:

Lena Katrine said...

Great card with lots of fun details!
Thanks for joining us at SS this week - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

Lacey Stephens said...

This is awesome!! I am sure your father will love it!! I used to scuba dive before I had kids. It was so peaceful. But my husband doesn't like to dive so I haven't done it in years!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!