Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lili of the Valley

I received my first group of Lili of the Valley stamps a few weeks ago. They are just so cute! I decided to make my first Lili of the Valley card using the Lili of the Valley Sketch Challenge. This card is for my brothers’ birthday which is in December. My favourite bit about this card, besides the image, is the Leather strap and buckle. You see, in some vintage cars, they use leather and buckles to keep the bonnet (hood) secure to the rest of the car. I thought it was a fitting addition to the vintage style motor car in the image! I added some Tim Holtz metal gears for added charm! This card also fits the Cards for Men challenge #15; Use 1 image, 2 Papers, and three embellishments.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Lili of the Valley Zooming Along, PTI (Papertrey Ink) Sentiment Birthday Basics
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Night of Navy, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Paper: Basic Grey Oliver, SU Chocolate Chip DSP
Accessories: Leather Trim from Michaels, SU Hodge Podge Hardware Ribbon slide, Tim Holtz Metal Gears.

Thanks for visiting. I love reading your comments!
Heidi

7 Comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your embellishments, your buckle around the image is a great idea. Wonderful image, fantastic coloring and a great layout. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge..

Kitty said...

Fabulous card! Love the colours they are just perfect for a mens card! Great colouring too! Thanks for entering our challenge at Cards For Men! Kitty xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous i love the image and the papers are so fab, thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley this time, big hugs pops x x x

Daisychain said...

What a great card, just love the strap and buckle idea, and a great take on our sketch this week. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous, I love everything about it..fabulous embellishments...Thank you for joining in with us at Cards for Men...
Mandy xx

Alison said...

Love everything about this card! I especially love the embellishments. I'm sure your brother will love it! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men- good luck!
Hugs, Alison x

Raven B said...

WOW I love the coloring on here. SOOO super cute.
Hugs,
Raven

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!