Thursday, July 8, 2010

"I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!"

I feel like Sally Fields at the Oscars, "I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" This is how I felt when I received the message that one of my cards made the top three on June’s charm challenges over on Stamp and Create. You can read all about it here. Now I have a fun little banner to post on my blog!


I have been so busy with my Christmas/Holiday cards, that I have been neglecting the normal weekly challenges in which I participate. To avoid total insanity and the need to strangle the ever so cute Popcorn the Bear, I did take a break and create a card for a special purpose. Michelle, one of Stampavie’s Design team members had a horrible accident with one of her donkey’s and needs some special well wishes. Stampavie provided a free digital download for some donations to Michelle’s medical bills. There is a huge card drive also happening on the Spoonful of Sugar Blog. Meljen Designs provided a cute digital download to help sponsor sending tons of cards to Michelle. For my card I used this week’s Sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday #57 and added some stitching for July challenge on Stamp and Create. I am still in charm mode from last month’s challenge so I added a cute heart charm to match the heart patch on the donkey.







Supplies Used:
Stamps: Meljen Designs
Ink: Copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Peach Parfait, Real Red, Bo Bunny Yellow
Paper: Bo Bunny Sunkissed, Sunkissed Stripes
Accessories: Red DMC Floss, Ribbon $1 bins at Target, SU Circle punches, Heart Charm from Stamp and Create, Square Nestabilities.


Now I am off to post my card to Michelle! Get Well Soon! I hope you join me in sending or helping with Michelle's well wishes!

Thanks for visiting.

Heidi

15 Comments:

mulberry station said...

Hiedi, what a cute card. Love that little donkey. Great take on the sketch! I really like your bow and hanging heart. You did a nice job on coloring too!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Heidi, This is such an adorable donkey image and for a great cause! Your papers are so fun and bright and cheery! It will be a great get well card! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Stacy said...

Oh this is just adorable! This is sure to cheer your friend up! Thanks for joining us at SSW!!!

Simple and Sweet said...

Heidi, This card is darling! I just love the image that you used and you did a fantastic job coloring it! Thanks for playing!
Erika - SSW

Meow said...

Heidi, really cute card. Congratulations on making top 3 on Stamp and Create. Michelle will love this card flood.

Jackie Randolph said...

Hi Heidi, this card is just too sweet!! I really like your stiching on the image, beautiful coloring and papers. I am sure Michelle will be tickled when she receives this adorable card. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Congratulations too on your top three win!

JR Creations said...

Great card Heidi for a great cause. I love the stitching. Congrats on the Top 3. Love the colouring it's just lovely. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jenny T.

Genevieve said...

Such a sweet card Heidi! That big bow is gorgeous! Michelle is sure to love it.
Thanks for joining us at SSW :)

Genevieve

Melissa Craig said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the papers and the donkey is so adorable.

Congratulations on your Top 3 position.

Thanks for playing along with us at SSW.

Melanie said...

Oh I love him, want to kiss him and take him home. LOL!!!! So super cute girl!!!

Mary Lou said...

Cute cute cute~~Michelle will just love this!!!
Great color combo!!
Blessings

Kathie said...

Hi Heidi, I love your card that Donkey is just so cute and the ribbon you picked up is a perfect match. I'm so proud of you making Christmas cards already your so organised. Thanks for joining us this week at SSW.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh this is just so stinking cute!! That lil donkey is ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Jeannie said...

This is really adorable and I love that little heart charm! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Lacey Stephens said...

Hey there. I'm REALLY behind on everything and trying to make it through the 3rd challenge! Thanks for playing along! Can't wait to have to play as a guest!! :-)
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!