Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wishes are the Magic

I've got a fun little journal to show you today. I have been having fun altering various Tim Holtz metal embellishments using my Melting Pot and embossing powder. A technique I saw on Tammy Tutrow's blog.  The quote gave me an excuse to add the extra hearts and enter this into the "Put a Heart on it" challenge over at the Inspiration Emporium.


Supplies Use:
Paper: My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side-Two


For the past few years, I have been making cards. Sometime they are given to a specific person, but most of the time they have been put with an envelope, wrapped in a plastic protective bag and then put in a bucket to be sold. I did one craft show last November and sold 1 card to a family friend. I have sold a few in my Etsy store.  I have decided to take a break from card making and try my hand at other creative forms of paper crafting and also spend some time refocusing on othe areas of my life. I am envisioning this journal as an art journal to help guide me through the next several months. I still love (and plan) to colour all of those cute images, most of which I buy from Stamp and Create. But instead as ending up on cards, they might end up as a journal page or cute wall hanging.

Thanks for visiting!
Heidi

3 Comments:

Catherine said...

Oh Heidi this is simply STUNNING ! What a fantastic creation ! Love the different elements and the colours are gorgeous ! You rock Lady ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

nessy said...

wow this is stunning ~ this book is amazing ~ beautifully made!
vanessa xx

Candy C said...

Heidi...thank you so much for your very sweet comment you posted on my blog. I truly appreciate that! Wow...you thought my canvas was good enough to pin! I'm honored. Thank you! Your book is stunning! I love your cover and how you've used so many Tim elements! I also love the die cutting you've done on the sentiment and how you colored the ornate plate to perfectly blend with your color palette. It's all really really good! <3 Candy

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!