Wednesday, April 14, 2010

High Hopes Challenge-Use two or more stamps

Last week, I didn’t get around to the High Hopes challenge (anything but a card). I have the idea and the image already coloured and cut out so chalk it up to procrastination. I made up for it this week It’s Wednesday and I am already finished my card. I really love this card. I love anything to do with snorkeling and the sea. I was unsure what colour to make my eel. My brother suggested black with yellow stripes.

Hmmmm, I was clueless why he suggested those colours until he reminded me that dragons don’t like Black with yellow strip eels. Those with pet dragons are sure to know this, or those of you who have seen How to Train Your Dragon. For me, this movie is up there will Finding Nemo and WALL-E. I loved it. I’ll introduce my own Night Fury in a future post.

Back to the card, I decided to go with a brown eel since I had not personally seen a black with yellow stripes eel while snorkeling yet. I stamped the sea floor image, then covered it with a cut out mask of the same image and then stamped the eel and diver. I stamped the dolphin and then stamped an extra dolphin to colour and cut out to put on top of the waves I would cut later. For the base of the image, I cut out a big rectangle with a wavy top edge using my cricut machine and the Life’s a Beach cartridge. I embossed Baja breeze card stock with the polka dot impression plate from paper trey ink. I sponged Baja breeze on the embossed card stock to give it more dimension. I then I used my cricut again to cut out strips of waves to add to the Cosmo Crickets School’s Out paper for the background of my card. I stamped the High Hopes sentiment on Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock, sponged the edges with Baja breeze ink and then stuck it to a piece of Pacific Point card stock. I added that to the top of two squares of the same polka dotted embossed cardstock that I cut out using my square nestabilities. The Rhinestones are Stampin’ Up round ice brads.



Supplies Used:
Stamps: High Hopes, Diver Dan, Edgar eel, Dive Right In
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Baja Breeze, Copic Markers
Card Stock: SU Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Scools Out
Accessories: SU Rhinestone Round Ice Brads, Square Nestabilities, Cricut Machine, Life's a Beach Cartridge, Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Impression Plate

Thanks for visiting! Please feel free to leave a comment!

4 Comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card, fab cute images and beautiful colouring.
luv
Debby

Jeanette said...

What a fantastic scene you have created! Love it! Hugs Jeanette :)

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Love!!! this card Heidi!! I have that eel stamp too and I haven't had the op to use him--he's sooo cute (if that's possible for an eel :)
You did a fantastic job masking and I love the depth you achieved with the blue background!! Lovely colouring for the whole scene!! Just a really great card!!
Blessings,
Sarah :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Heidi and your scene and colouring is awesome! Thanks for playing, Hugs, Nikki x

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!