Thursday, March 22, 2012

With a little.... make that a lot of practice

I am over the moon that for the second week in a row, the Simon Says Stamp and Show Design Team selected my entry as one of the Top Three! My Springpunk in Light Red earned itself a little ribbon! This week's Simon Says Stamp and Show is a VERY different story.

With a little lot of practise, my handmade backgrounds hopefully will get better. I'm participating in Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry online class. At the same time, I have been starting my art journaling efforts. So far the class has been good fun. I'm entering two of my tags from one of the lessons in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Your Handmade Background Challenge.


Just to show you my art journaling escapades. Here is a picture of me practising while I have the first of Kate Crane's Art Journaling DVDs playing on my computer.

Learning that there are no mistakes in art...
But there is ugly mess! LOL!


So far I have learned....
My pages are probably too large for me.  I would probably have a better time with the paints with a smaller surface area to cover.  I need to clip my pages down even after I have finished painting a gesso layer. I need way more practise with using stencils. I need more practise using sprays. I am having a WONDERFUL time getting mucky!

Thanks for visiting!
If you have any tips or any good links/books/magazines etc. on Art Journaling, please feel free to pass your knowledge onto a willing learner (ME)

Heidi

3 Comments:

Sue said...

These are beautiful tage Heidi, I especialy like the Eifel Tower one. I've got Kate's DVD's too, arn't they fab. I've learned to protect the pages underneath and to save bottle tops lol. Have a fab weekend x

Candy C said...

Heidi...your art journal looks great so far! You are so right....I've found that this artistic journey is all about the experimentation and learning as you create. Your two tags look really cool! Great handmade backgrounds and you finished them out beautifully! Thanks for being a part of our challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Candy C said...

Hello again Heidi! You are so right about this week's challenge at Simon Says...great opportunity for everyone to work on their background techniques! :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the challenge. <3 Candy

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!