Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Artistic Outpost Flowers


I am back with another Artistic Outpost Stamps creation.  The March Referal Program Challenge  is Springpunk, with the challenge of shades of red. I love fresh cut flowers, but they have a tendancy to wither away after a while. So I decided to make some everlasting flowers. I wanted to make some flowers using Whiteout Clearly for Art modeling film but.....someone still needs a lot of practice figuring what ink to use and how to heat and curl without burning my hand off! I stamped images from the Industrial Backgrounds, London Underground and  Whimsical Melange plates on white cardstock and then glued them to clear cardstock.  I stamped the images with red archival ink, covered it with tattered rose distress stain. I used one of the hearts from the Sizzix primative hearts die to cut out the petals. I glued the individual petals to a circle, added some idea-ology pieces and then added some old paper distress stain to give the flowers them more depth. Not perfect, but I'm satisfied with the result. (Satisfied.... but not super excited about the result...I'm still figuring out how to mix various media to make it look faaaaabulous)


I altered the bottle a little while back when playing with Wendy Vechhi's faux crazed glass technique. I added some white seam binding inked up with barn door distress stain. I added some Tim Holtz Chain, a mini safety pin and probably my favourite part of the vase, my stamped shrink art charm. I stamped a frame from the Whimsical Melange plate and a quote from the Typography plate using stazon ink on frosted shrink plastic. I used my heat gun to shrink the piece. Siggghhhh...I love shrinky Dinks!



Thanks for visiting!
Hugs
Heidi

6 Comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love your Springpunk flowers and cute charm! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

Sue said...

These flowers are wonderful, and I love shrink plastic too. I have some of the Clearly For Art film, but surprise surprise it's still in the packet lol.

Suzanne C said...

Very Fun! Love your spring punk bouquet! Glad you joined us at Artistic Outpost!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow GF, some really out of the box AO funky art! How clever you are, luv this.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Heidi...wow!!! This is so cool...love the gear centers. I love AO stamps...this is rock'n awesome!

Deb C said...

What a cool bouquet. I never would have guessed you used the London train stops on the one image. Lovely!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!