Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Lucky Penny Jar

Whenever I see a heads up penny on the ground, I have to pick it up and make a wish. I keep on thinking that I will someday put together a dollars worth of lucky heads up pennies and buy a lottery ticket. 100 lucky pennies surely would bring a lucky lottery ticket right? I don't really have a place to keep all those pennies.

This week's Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge is bottle it. I love the bottles that Candy and Tracy altered using Wendy Vecchi fauz crazed glass technique. I remember seeing some cute inexpensive small bottles while I was at my local craft store, Michaels.  What a perfect opportunity to finally to make my lucky penny jar.  I made my green since it's the colour of the lucky Irish Shamrock! And it fits in with the March Inspiration Emporium Go Green challenge



I used Meadow Ranger Alcohol Re-inker over matte glue and seal and rock candy crackle paint. I added a ton of Idea-ology bits and pieces. I typed and printed the text on my computer, stuck it to some Tim Holtz Idea-ology Lost and Found paper and it with the Ornate frame and then added a layer of Glossy Accents to make it shine. I used various bits of chain and made the top stay attached to the Jar.

I had so much fun making this jar(Candy you were right), that I have a bunch more ready to go. I am thinking "poison" bottles for Halloween among other things! Here are a bunch of bottles in various stages. From left to right
Plain bottle
Bottle covered with Matte Glue and Seal
Bottle covered with Rock Candy Crackle Paint
Bottle coloured with Alcohol Ink
Bottle with Embellishments



Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments!
Hugs
Heidi


11 Comments:

Candy C said...

Heidi...your bottle is awesome! I love your label done on with the ornate plate and the keyhole and key on the other side. I love the deep green color and the way you've attached the topper, too! Really a great idea! Looks like you're going to be making all sorts of wonderful bottle art! Have fun! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Catherine said...

Oh Sweetie this is simply gorgeous ! I adore every one of your creations ! Have a great week-end my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Oh Heidi your bottle is gorgeous, love love the green, isn't this technique fun, looks fabulous on your bottle and I love the ornate plate. I thought exactly the same as you POISON bottle for Halloween, let's hoe we remember when the time comes lol. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Heidi, what a wonderful creation, yur bottle is gorgeous and I love the little vintage extra and the gem on the tip of the stopper, gorgeous, Hugs, Teresa x

Elly said...

Your bottle is just stunning! Love it. Thanks for showing all the different stages.
Elly (.o)

Tindaloo said...

absolutely gorgeous! LUV the vibrant green and crackle :)

nessy said...

stunning bottle...decorated beautifully cannot wait to see the others ~especailly for halloween!! what fun!
vanessa xx

Rika said...

Your bottle is gorgeous!

Ali Manning said...

What an amazing project - I love it!

MD said...

splendide
bravo

Marjie Kemper said...

This is gorgeous, Heidi! Very late to the party as I found this while searching something else... wanted to tell you how much I loved it.

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!