Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Stamp and Create!

This is my second post for Monday September 13, 2010. Scroll down to see my Critter Sketch Challenge Blog post.

It's Stamp and Create's 1st birthday! Happy Birthday! Congratulation Lacey on a great first year!  To celebrate, I made a Birthday Card using Popcorn the Bear! The challenge for this month is to use pearls/gems, so I added tons using flourish patterns.



I used Popcorn the Bear Birthday Hugs. I also used Basic Grey Green at Heart Paper, KaiserCraft Pearls, Clothesline Assorted Paper DoiliesLight Red Prima Mini Rosesa Teddy Charm,  May Arts Pink Ribbon and SU Silver cord. I coloured the image with my Copic Markers. I used Smooch Illuminate over the Grey coloured portion to make it look like silver wrapping paper.




I am trying something different with my pictures. I didn't use a white backdrop. Please let me know what you think. I am still undecided if I like it or not.

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments.
Heidi

4 Comments:

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love the gorgeous colors you used.

Melanie said...

Happy, Happy B-day Stamp and Create. I just love Lacy and the team at S and C. Great card to celebrate with them.

Lacey Stephens said...

Gorgeous card, hun!! I love your coloring and wonderful layout!! Thank you so much for being on our team!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Kathie said...

Hi Heidi, I do love this card and I adore your little bear. Great colours and colouring of your image. I'm in two minds on the colour back ground, you'll see a card of mine in a few weeks time for SSW where I've used a coloured back ground and you'll see why I've done it.... The reason why I like a white or cream back ground is that the image is your focal point you have done that much work with your image, by creating such wonderful colours and I feel that if you use a coloured back ground the image sometimes gets lost if you know what I mean. It's the same with Scrapbookers who use heaps and heaps of embellishments, and I look at their pages and think to myself what am I looking at the embellishments or the wonderful photo's someone took of the great beach or wonderful island. At the end of the day we all have different tastes and if we were all the same the world would be one very strange place. It's what ever tickles your fancy on the day. Have great weekend what's left of it.
Hugs
Kathie

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!