Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lacey Inspired Cards

I have two cards to show you today. I got my inspiration for these two cards from Lacey, the owner of Stamp and Create. I love her cards and I have been trying to emulate her style. I love one of her latest cards, and  used it as a model.

I made this card for two challenges:
Allsorts Challenge #86 - Teal Blue and Brown
Saturday Challenge: With Love





Supplies Used:
Stamps: Whiff of Joy For my Tweetheart, Sentiment printed on computer
Stamp Paper: Copic X-Press It Blending Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: SU Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal
Paper: Basic Grey Hopscotch
Accessories: Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Making Memories Rhinestones, Tim Holtz Memento Pin, Brown Satin Pleats Ribbon, Prima Marketing Rose Braided Lace, Lacey and Circle Nestabilities, Various sized Circle punches

This second card I made for the Friday Sketchers Challenge # 137. I learned about putting brads into bead spacers and hanging charms from Lacey. The colours I used remind me of Lacey. I know I'm strange :-)




Supplies Used:
Stamps: Whiff of Joy Puff Heart Dragon, PTI Sentiment
Stamp Paper: Copic X-Press It Blending Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Spun Sugar, Copic Markers
Cardstock: SU Bermuda Bay, Pink Pirouette
Paper: Basic Grey Olivia
Accessories: Beaded Circle Nestabilities, Flower Spacers, Pearl Brads from Hobby House UK, Light Pink Silk Pleat May Arts Ribbon, Pink May Arts Trimming/Satin Pleats

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments.
Heidi

6 Comments:

brenda said...

Hi Heidi

Two super cards and nboth with really sweet images and lovely finishing touches.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Lacey Stephens said...

OMG!! This are awesome!! I'm so honored that I inspired you ;-))))) How very sweet. I think you did a great job with "my" style. The papers you used on Puff are definitely some of my favorites. And I love how you used the layout on the Tweetheart card!! It's one of my favorite layouts - maybe we should use that for a challenge?
Big hugs!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

downrightcrafty said...

oh gorgeous and a great interpretation of our Love theme at the SCSC thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us
Hugs Kate xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful "With Love" card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Kirsten...x said...

Two fabulous cards great images and i love your choice of dps...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten..x

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!