Friday, April 6, 2012

Breaking out the Art Parts

This weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is Studio 490!

 I purchased a bunch of Art Parts and have been hording them! The good news is that I love them, the bad news is I love them! At least it's bad news for my bank account. I have also learned that I really need to sketch out my idea and decide on colours before I dive into getting messy. UGH....I am not too fond of my final piece. It finally looked presentable after a bunch of tear aparts and cover overs!

For the background I used a marblized technique with distress stains. I then stamped over it with picket fence DS. Finally I stamped the sentiment in Black Archival Ink.
Inspiration for the flower came from Sarah's Blog Post. Using the Clearly for Art White Out, I cut out 10 leaves with the Tim Holtz Small small mover and shapers leave die, painted them with rasberry and cranberry acrylic paints, then heated them to be able to shape them. Plonked them together to look like a flower. I need some heat resistant gloves and more practise! (I have been spending lots of time on youtube watching tutorials)






Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Stamps: Botanical Art & Be Happy...Make Art
Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Art Parts Sample Pack
Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Clearly for Art-Whiteout
Acrylic Paint:Rasberry, Cranberry, Olive green and Forest Green
Distress Stain: various for Background and frame art parts
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Token, Screw Eyes, lace chain
Tim Holtz Sizzix Movers and Shapers Leaf
Rock Candy Crackle Paint

I've probably left something out. I would love to know how to do the linking thing with showing all of the products used, can someone be kind enough a clue me in.

Thanks for visiting!
Heidi



10 Comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING!!! LOVE your sentiment--and your flower is fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous piece of art Heidi ! I love the sentiment (one of my favourites!) and your flower is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Frilly Funkie. Sue C x

Riet said...

This is so gorgeous Heidi.

Hugs Riet.xx

Catherine said...

This is so beautiful Heidi ! And I do love the sentiment... Have a lovely Easter Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a lovely piece! I love your frame with all the dark crackle! The sentiment is oh so true and the flowers are wonderful...they remind me of CHristmas. Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Carol said...

I love what you've done.

Terry said...

Hey there Heidi, thank you so much for joining into the fun over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge BLog, wowzerss love your colors and the pieces that you have used. The flowers is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

Rita said...

Heidi, your art piece is beautiful. So different too. Have a love Easter. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is wonderful and it looks like it was a lot of fun to make. I love the crackle and the rich saturated colors. Fabulous sentiment and great work bringing it front and center of your piece. Must order some Art Parts to carry in the boutique - thanks for the inspiration. Your flower turned out fab!

So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Frilly and Funkie. Great to have you playing along with us!

Hugs,
Linda

Tammy Roberts said...

Wow! Fabulous flower and all the detail! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Frilly & Funkie!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!