Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Weekly Sweet Sketch Wednesday Post

Hi everyone out there in Blog Land. It's time again for my weekly Sweet Sketch Wednesday post.  I made this card for my dad for his birthday which is in June. I love getting birthday cards done early!  (I made his father's day card this week too) When I first saw this Wild Rose Studio Image I HAD to have it. It looks just like my dad. He constantly has his nose in a book, cup of tea in his hand,  occasionally there is a cat on his lap, he wears glasses when he reads and the top of his head is bald!




 

Supplies used:
Stamps WRS Grandad Relaxing, PTI Sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, PTI Vintage Touch
Cardstock: SU Not Quite Navy
Paper: Graphic 45: A Proper Gentleman: A Proper Gentleman (Paisley), Cultured Reserve (Blue Plaid) and Domestic Goddess Tea Time (Striped)
Accessories: Kraft Courdaroy Brads, Cream Trim from Joann Fabrics, SU Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Petite Oval Nestabilities

Thanks for visiting!
Heidi 

13 Comments:

Cecelia said...

Great card! Love the colors! I always have a hard time with male cards but you did great!. He is sure to love it;0)

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

mulberry station said...

What an amazing guy card. You have really nailed this one. Beautifully colored!! it is so fun to find images that remind us of people or things. I am sure your dad will treasure this card.
Happy Easter!!
Nancy SSW-DT

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Heidi.

Hugs Riet.xx

Arlana 11426 said...

Such a perfect card for your dad. Love love all the detail and colors that you used. Arlana@SSW!!!

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous card - I Love those buttons - they look as though they have come off his slippers :)

Carol x

Lin said...

Great choice of colour both in the image and the bps! The ribbon is really lush and despite it's delicacy is perfect for this definitely male creation.

Lin xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

What an awesome card for your dad! Don't you just love it when you find an image that is so perfect for a card! Your papers are great too!
Judi SSW DT

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Heidi, this is fabulous!!! I love the distressing and papers you used - perfect for a male!!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Jackie Randolph said...

Heidi I love your take on the sketch and your card is so adorable - this image is too darn cute!! thanks for sharing and for playing along with us at SSW! hope you will Join us next week for our 100 sketch celebrations lots of prizes for our players.

Hugs
Jackie - SSW DT

Kathie said...

Hi Heidi, what a perfect masculine card, I just adore it. What a great image I just love how you describe your Dad to a Tee. He'll just love it. Great colour you've do a perfect job love it love it love it. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Happy Easter
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Sharon Basel said...

What a perfect card for your dad Heidi. The papers you've selected are terrific for a guy card - they're so hard to find sometimes but these are spot on. Incredible job coloring that cute image. I'm sure your dad will love this special card. Thanks for joining us again at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Your cards are always a pleasure to see and to comment on.
Hugs,
Sharon, SSW-Dt

Jeannie said...

The papers and corduroy brads you used couldn't be more perfect! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jackie Thomas said...

Fab card Heidi. I love the colours you have used and what a great image. Hugs xo Jackie

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!