Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ABC Christmas Q is for .....

Q is for Quote plus an Image.
2 sponsors this challenge:
Prize from Brenda is a 3 month subscription to the 'How to WOW papercrafts techniues club'
&
Sponsor this week is Robyns Fetish
Fabulous prize of 5 Robyn's Fetish digital products This may be 5 digital stamps or 4 digital stamps and 1 paper set.
Robyn's Fetish Badge  


I stepped out of my normal card making zone and went to one of my old favourite techniques....embossing! First I printed the image twice on Solar White Neenah cardstock. I cut one of them out and used it as a mask. I stamped, powdered and heat embossed the music image. I sponged the entire piece with Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress ink.

For the quote piece, I used my Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames Die #10 as a model to create my own three layer cutting file.



Supplies Used:
Digital Image: Ye Ole Christmas Tree
Quote: Papertrey Ink Inside and Out Holiday
Background Stamp: Impression Obsession Music
Ink: Copic Markers, PTI Vintage Touch, SU Black Craft Ink, Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White, PTI Pure Poppy, SU Always Artichoke
Accessories: PTI Pure Poppy Ribbon, SU Glitter Brads.

Thanks for visiting!
Heidi


11 Comments:

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card heidi :-) the tree image is lovely and the quote is perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card Heidi ! I love the music sheet and the sentiment is really lovely ! Hugs x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Heidi.

Hugs Riet.xx

Caroljenks said...

What a gorgeous card Heidi and so much work - beautiful!

Carol x

Helen said...

Fab card Heidi - love the way you've done the background...and the sentiment is just perfect!
Helen x

Lacey Stephens said...

What a great card! you did a fantastic job on the embossing and masking!! I always emboss my images - makes it easier to keep the watercolor in the lines!! ;-)
Big hugs!
~Lacey

Carissa said...

Lovely card Heidi. The tree is beatiful and I love the way that you have masked it for the background. Hugs, Carissa

Dorte said...

Such a lovely card, Heidi. Perfect sentiment and beautiful with the embossing.
hugs Dorte

Delphine said...

Such a beautiful card, Heidi! I love the music sheet background and the sentiment is just perfect with your image! Hugs Delphine xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh love your card love the way you did your backing paper too! very clever how you did hte try too! love it! hugs me xx

Victoria said...

this is gorgeous card i love the sentiment, hope all is well with you xxx

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!