Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mini Union Jacks

I've got a nice(Great Britain) patriotic piece for you today. It is the summer of Great Britain; The Queen's Jubilee, Wimbledon on at the moment,  (the Tour de France kicks off this weekend with my high hopes on team Sky) and finally the London Summer Olympics. 


I made a distressed piece in the spirit of Simon Says Stamp and Show Depth of Distress. I took the word depth and added some serious dimension to my little project. I cut out and painted layers of cardboard with my Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet Die and coordinating movers and shapers die. For the top layer, I used the rusted Grunge technique from the First Volume of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities book. I used Tea Die embossing powder because I don't have and Vintage Photo powder. For the background I used Distress Stains on Kraft Resist paper. I stamped some images from one of the London Artistic Outpost sets. I added some gears and game spinners, but they are hard to see. I took a stamped and scanned Union Jack and printed it on White Shrink Plastic. Shrunk them with my heat gun, added some thin gun metal coloured wire and stuck them in a  (uncorked) vial.  I added white acrylic paint to a word band and used handmade distressed brads to attach it to the altered grunge. I added some additional distressed brads and washers to add some detail to the top. 




Thanks for visiting!
I love reading your comments.
Hugs
Heidi


2 Comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

What an original piece of artwork! Your display of pride for your country is sensational. I really admire all the attention to detail here with the grundged and funky look and homemade distressed brads. So much depth and so much texture..nicely done!
Is the flag centerpiece stationary? Was thinking it could be altered soon enough with gold medals!! :)

Candy C said...

Your depths of distress piece really looks fantastic! I love the rugged textural background of your almost "shrine". Love the little Union Jacks in the vial! They almost look like they are proudly waving in the breeze. Your metal embellishments really finish off this piece nicely. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!