Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Art Journal Cafe

In my new journaling adventures I have stumbled across a journaling challenge blog by three wonderfully creative French Ladies called The Art Journal Cafe. I like it because I get to practise my French. I read and try to comprehend the French before I read the posted translated English.
They posted a colour challenge


I used a title that I found in a magazine for the theme
"Getting Back In the Game".
It's helping me focus on my cycling and how I need to work on my form and power. I know, not related to art at all, but isn't art journaling about life and art!

I finally got brave enough to dip into the modeling paste and I LOVE IT! I used it on a Dylusion's Dotted Flowers Stencil. Though it isn't too noticable, there is some brown so I am entering it into the Simon Says Stamp and Show a Bit of Brown

The specific journal is 5.25x 8.25 and opens in a landscape format.  

I had so much fun doing these two pages, but I can tell there is still some self hesitation. I know that will go away as I do more playing!


Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments.
Heidi

6 Comments:

Dan said...

I love all the stencilling you've used on your journal pages! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Karin said...

nice pages jou made!

france papillon said...

modelling paste is one of my favorite toys when journaling, it's fun isn't it! and having fun is the best way to let go of your inhibitions ;)
thanks for playing with us at Art Journal Café!
france
one of the frappuccinos

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful pages. beautiful colors and layout.
Lovely greet
Marja
www.marjascreativity.blogspot.nl

Lisa Minckler said...

Fantastic!!! I love inspiration; wherever it comes from. Your pages are super and what a great color challenge. ;)

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great spread!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!