Tuesday, December 20, 2011

High Hopes Chris the Mouse meets Tim Holtz...sort of


Happy Christmas - almost - to those who celebrate this festive yearly event!  Today I am sharing the Christmas card I made for my brother. I decided insead of making an actual card, I would make a decoration that could be used year after year....hmmmmmm....new tradition alert! 

I have been getting crafty Tim Holtz style. I couldnt resist using one of my favourite High Hopes Stamps, Large Chris Mouse

The hanging ribbon in May Arts Silk Ribbon inked up with Fired Brink Distress ink and  SU Taken with Teal ink then dried with my heat tool. You can hardly see it, but I stamped a Hero Arts background Christmas Stamped with VersaMark, covered and heated clear embossing powder, then sponged with Fired Brink Ink. The light bulb paper is from Echo Park. All of the Teal Cardstock you see is SU Taken with Teal. 


I cut some Grunge paper using theTim Holtz Pine Tree Die, covered it with distress ink, then crackle paint. I added some craft plastic Christmas lights I found in my stash using my hot glue gun.  

The teal and red ornaments on the left side and the Noel on the Rosette were created by die cutting shrink plastic with Tim Holtz Sizzix dies. After heat shrinking, I coloured them with copic markers (you can use Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks) and then covered them with clear crystal effects. The light bulbs hanging on the top right were created the same way with an old sizzix die.

I embossed Ranger Self Adhesive silver foil with a Holly and Ivy embossing folder

I sanded a Tim Holtz Christmas Muse Token added it to a trinket pin and attached it to the Red garland.

The Happy Christmas are Tim Holtz Ransom Alphabet pieces covered with Silver Acrylic paint. I love the shrink plastic Christmas lights.



My brother really loves his new decoration!

Stay Tuned for the one I am creating for my dad using the 2011 Winter Special Release Artic Home White Coke-a-Cola Polar Bear cans.

1 Comment:

Catherine said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS Heidi ! What a fantastic creation ! Your embellies are so beautiful and I adore the cute image ! Just love it to bits ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!