Tuesday, October 25, 2011

High Hopes Tutorial

It's Tutorial Tuesday over at High Hopes Stamps. The awesome Andrea is showing how to mount and store your High Hopes Rubber Stamps. So in the spirit of storage, I thought I would show how I store all my crafting supplies.

Here are my Copic Markers. They are kept by my spot on the couch. I colour while I am watching television. I have a clipboard with the colour chart printed. It's on the same paper I use to stamp my images. I can quickly figure out what colour I want to use. I have the colours segmented by group. I got some drawer dividers from The Container Store. The basket is from Michaels, purchased 2 years ago.

My Stamp Space, shared with my computer. If things get messy, my computer moves!

My High Hopes Stamps are stored in clear folders.

My quick go to items are in labeled boxes. These include my basic hand held punches, stamps from various companies, brads and spacers, Bling, my PaperTrey Ink Dies, Stickles, Vintage Touch Ink. Behind my computer I have my favourite ribbon in boxes and two DVD containers for my PTI Stamp Sets.

Underneath my desk I keep my paper cutters, SU Craft Ink Pads I dont use too much. The Basket Bag has partially used cardstock categorized my group.

In front of the TV Table, I have my Big Shot, Die, embossing folders, Sticks and Pins, Felt, handheld sewing machine. The bottom shelf holds bags and bags of 12x12 paper categorized by vendor. And my 8x8 Paper packs like October Afternoon and PTI.

You can barely see it, but there is a Laundry Basket on 2 file boxes. The basket contains all my flowers in clear bags categorized by colour.


My Sponge Daubers labeled by colour are stored behind my computer.

To the left of my chair, I have my Ink Pads, acrylic blocks, and my spellbinders. The set of drawers have my things like score tape, circle cutter, hammer, sanding tools, sharp hobby knives etc.

In one drawer I keep my Tim Holtz Blending Handles and a 3 ring binder. I have one of those handle holders, but it was in the way.

The folder contains strips of velcro. There are labels for each colour. I use Stampin Up and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.


This wall used to contain all my old college text books and other books in enjoyed to read. Now it contains 100% craft stuff. I have tons of those photo boxes from Michaels. Each are labeled with their contents. I got a whole bunch of Aqua boxes when I attended an SU convention. (I wanted to go to convention with my best friend from college so I became a demo for the convention and discount. I'm no longer a demonstrator) The Aqua Boxes each have a small magnet with a label for its contents.  They contain various things like cricut cartridges I dont want to part with, brads, eyelets, flat flowers, liquid adhesives, printer ink, stickles, round gems/bella baubles, Tim Holtz Reinkers, Tim Holtz Acrylic Paint.  etc. I also have more of those boxes from Michaels that contain more stamps by vendor, Tim Holtz Metal embellishments, Hodge Podge Hardware, Spritz, beads. Those baskets on the top of the right set of shelves hold all of my Martha Stewart Punches. This is also the home of my cardstock. The top shelf is sorted my colour, and then SU In colour. I Primarily use SU cardstock, with some PTI and Bazzil Basics. There is a shelf for more 12x12 paper and the 12x12 cardstock.


The black set of drawers contains all of my 6x6 paper pads organized my vendor as well! SU reinkers and stock of Scor-Pal Tape, 3M foam, and other things like magnets, brayers, crimper.

The smaller grey unit has all my various forms of white cardstock/Paper. The top drawer holds the pieces for my air brushing systems (not used enough...going to change that)

I stick my bike stuff on the top.



That's the grunt of it! Can you say addicted and way too organized.

Hugs
Heidi

2 Comments:

sallysbitz2 said...

I am sooo jealous Lol
I do not have a craft room, I use the table in my living room & store all my crafting goodies under the stairs cupboard & in the airing cupboard. I dream of my own craft room, but guess I will just have to wait. As the saying goes ... all good things come to those who wait, let's hope it's true Lol x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

(ps .. I have candy up for grabs)

Kathie said...

OMG your a shopaholic!!! Wow what a craft room you put my little area of work to shame. I have a massive 5 bedroom home with 4 bathrooms and I have such a little area in our office I work in I think I'll have to change something here. Great to see your dream craftroom hope all is well with you haven't heard from you for ages. The All Blacks won the world cup in Rugby it's been going on here for the last 7 weeks. We went to one of the semi finals Australia V's NZ we won is was an awesome game and wonderful atmosphere. Hope all is well with you?
Hugs
Kathie

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!