Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Another rusted bolt creation

I've got another fabulous creation using some rusted bolts from the deck in my back garden. I have plenty of these bolts....so I see many more cool creations coming in the future! This one uses some chicken wire and various hand crafted flowers! I also deem this creation worthy to enter into the My Monthly Mojo May Floral Frenzy Challenge.


This is the piece I started to work on last week when I came across my Attitude Poem.

I used 4 layers of cardboard, painted them with gesso, tangerine acrylic paint, martha stewart crackle medium, white acrylic paint, matte glue and seal. I put rusted chicken wire in between the second and third layers. The flowers are made with the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone Die, the tattered florals long sizzlet strip and metal foliage covered with embossing powder.  I printed the attitude poem on tissue paper and then used glue and seal to attach it to a piece of the tangerine coloured painted cardboard. For the letters, I stamped a music background, also attached it to some tangerine coloured painted cardboard, then cut out with my Tim Holtz Word Play Die.








Thanks for visiting!

11 Comments:

Dorte said...

Wonderful project, Heidi. You are very creative.
hugs Dorte

Riet said...

So wonderful Heidi.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carissa said...

Another gorgeous creation. Love it.
Hugs, Carissa

Carol said...

Beautiful. Love all the luscious details.

Helen said...

beautiful work!! there is so much to look at, thanks for sharing it with us.

Donna Arkle (DizzyDee) said...

This is an amazing piece of work - love your attention to detail!! - the whole piece is so eye catching - I LOVE IT!

Sarah said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Heidi - just love those rusty findings - they are the perfect frame and setting. Fabulous details, florals and colours! The blue against the warmer colours looks lovely and I can't resist an inspiring page of words. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful piece with My Mojo MOnthly! sarah.

Getting Hooked said...

Really neat project! I love the bolts!

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous! I love all the rust and flowers!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is positively stunning! Love the frame, the way you've hung it, and the awesome contrast between the textures.

Hettie said...

Great piece Heidi. Love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!