Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grungy Monday Challenge #38

In my new Mixed Media escapades I found Studio L3. Linda runs a challenge called Grungy Monday-Celebrating the Techniques and Products of Tim Holtz.  I brainstormed my idea for challenge #37, wearable art, but never got round to making it. This weeks challenge #38 is  

I made a little 3"x3" Canvas art peice that will be given to a friend as a birthday present.
I stamped images from new Tim Holtz Mixed Media Stamp set with white acrylic paint, let it dry then inked it up with milled lavender distress ink and some frost sheer shimmer spritz.I added a bunch of Tim Holtz metal embellishements that I also inked/wiped off with some white acrylic paint. I love the little (un)corked vial I used as a flower vase. I added some glass beads to the bottom to make it look like there is water in the vase! The heart is new Kraft core cardstock no. 18  cut out with the Lovestruck Die, embossed with the gears and sprockets folder, sanded to reveal the kraft core. I covered it with rock candy crackle paint to give it some more texture.


I am starting to get the hang of this mixed media stuff! Next up...Art Journaling!
Hugs
Heidi

10 Comments:

sara j said...

It's a lovely piece...so glad you are making the plunge into Grungy Monday projects...they are such fun. This is a great birthday present; I'm sure the receipent will be thrilled!

Catherine said...

Oh Heidi another stunning creation ! What a pleasure it is to visit your blog every time ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Annette Green said...

Absolutely love this Heidi. Can I be your friend?

Kate Yetter said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the different elements especially the wings and crown.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful creation! And FYI, Simon Says has a bottle theme this week!

KayJay said...

I love the dimensional aspects of your masterpiece! Thank you so much for sharing the details. The milled lavender gives everything such a great pop! I am new to the group and you have inspired me to jump in and try one of the many challenges.
Happy creating, KayJay

Sue West said...

This is beautiful. Your friend will just love this mini canvas.
Sue :)

barbwire802 said...

Your piece is fantastic. I wish i were the recipient! I think i will try the challenge myself now. Thanks for the inspiration.

mommyle said...

Ummm... I think that I am totally stealing this idea. I LOVE it!!!!!

Sandra said...

Very nice piece! Love it, and it's so cool that it's so small!

Post a Comment

Thanks You for visiting my blog. I love reading your comments!